Miami U Update
Post date: Nov 12, 2013 9:11:26 AM
Countdown to 2014
If you have seniors who are planning to apply to Miami, please encourage them to complete their applications by our priority deadline of December 1 in order to receive priority consideration for the highest range of merit scholarships, as well as priority consideration for admission to the University Honors Program(UHP) and the University Academic Scholars Program (UASP).
UHP and UASP both offer unique learning experiences for high-achieving students. Launched in 2012, UASP offers students in select academic and professional areas of interest unparalleled access to Miami's most renowned programs, top-notch faculty mentors, cutting edge research opportunities, and a personal connection with key university officials and guests. This year the program has been expanded to provide even more Scholars Programs for your students in distinct areas of study.
Miami's Latest Rankings
Miami continues to top the charts in a number of categories, including:
- #1 for study abroad amongst public doctoral institutions
- #3 in the nation for faculty commitment to undergraduate teaching (after Dartmouth and Princeton and tied with William & Mary) -U.S. News & World Report 2014
- 11th in the nation for return on tuition investment -SmartMoney.com
- #35 in the nation and #1 in Ohio among public universities -Forbes 2012 list of America's Top Colleges
- Top 100 best values in public colleges -Kiplinger's (Miami has been on this list every year since 1998)
New Campus Facilities
Our students requested dining facilities that pushed the envelope, and we delivered. This fall marked the debut ofMapleStreet Station, a mixed-use facility which includes a variety of separate eateries each featuring themed cuisine and an eating experience reminiscent of a casual dining restaurant. The MapleStreet facility is part of a campus-wide renovation project that also includes the overhaul of many campus residence halls as well as the addition ofEtheridge Hall and the Armstrong Student Center.