Post date: May 6, 2014 7:45:56 AM
Spending a week or two at Marlboro College in the summer gives teens the chance to sample campus life. Our top-rated professors teach a number of sessions which infuse academics with excitement. The one-on-one environment is especially great for teens who may be nervous about attending college.
Summer programs are organized in five subject groupings. All pertinent information may be found at Marlboro.edu/summer, including the online application. This year’s summer programs include:
- Session I- June 29-July 5th: Philosophy in the Wilderness
- Session II – July 6-12th: Ways of Knowing & Messages From the Past
- Session III – July 13-19th: DNA: Barcode of Life & Risky Representations
- Session IV – July 20-26th: Finding the Key & Building Social Movements
- Session V – July 27-August 2nd: Green Mountain Ecology & Poetry on the Peaks
Final application deadline is June 6th 2014. Marlboro Pre-College is for teens ages 15-19 who are interested in hands-on learning in an exciting and picturesque Southern Vermont setting.
Some financial aid may be available for students with demonstrated need. Students are welcome to stay for multiple sessions.
Past students have enjoyed the personal and “unplugged” atmosphere, and parents have raved that their children have come back from Marlboro happy, and self-confident.