Imperial Global Summer School (UK)
Post date: Mar 5, 2015 6:50:55 AM
What is the Imperial Global Summer School?
The Imperial Global Summer School is designed to help students aged 15–17 from across the world get a taste of life as an Imperial student while living on our South Kensington Campus.
This is a great opportunity for your high-achieving students to explore the subjects we offer and gain valuable practical science and engineering skills.
It’s also a good chance for your students to experience university life in London through our action-packed Social Programme
What does the Summer School involve?
The Summer School is designed to be very hands-on and as close to the real experience of being an Imperial student as we can make it. Participants will be able to develop their subject knowledge in one of three streams; Engineering, Medicine and Life Sciences or Physical Sciences. Whichever stream they choose they will all have the opportunity to:
- Work in teams on projects that have been set by industry.
- Be taught by some of our world class academics and researchers, boosting their subject knowledge and honing their business skills.
- Work in our state-of-the-art laboratories using real equipment.
There will also be practical sessions on the application process to help them gain an edge over the competition when it comes to applying for undergraduate courses.
When and where?
There are two Summer Schools to choose from:
- 6 – 17 July 2015
- 10 – 21 August 2015
Both sessions take place at our South Kensington Campus, in the heart of central London and accommodation is provided. Students will be supervised by an experienced team of staff and mentors throughout.
Who should apply?
The Summer School is open to students aged 15-17 from across the world. Places at each Summer School are limited so we’re looking for students who can show:
- Enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Excellent academic ability demonstrated by a majority of predicted or achieved A*– B grades at GCSE level or equivalent, with a minimum of grade A in Maths and a relevant science
- Strong English language skills
- Clear motivation for attending the Summer School
All Summer School students must be 15 years old by 31 August 2015 and should not be over 17 years of age at any point during the Summer School period. Click here to find out more about what we’re looking for.
Applications for the Summer School will open through our website on 23 January 2015.