Apply Now - UBC 2014 Summer Scholars Program
Post date: Dec 5, 2013 8:45:57 AM
The 2014 Summer Scholars Program online application is now open. The program offers 14 days filled with engaging, experiential learning at the University of British Columbia's beautiful Okanagan campus. During the Summer Scholars Program, students will:
- explore environmental science and tackle the hot topics of sustainability
- study with UBC professors and leaders in environmental research
- experience one of the world's leading universities
- discover the inspiring outdoors of Canada's Okanagan Valley
What does the program offer?
The Summer Scholars Program is a non-credit course that will give students a solid foundation in sustainability and the science behind environmental issues. Students will be guided through field research by experts, and gain valuable hands-on experience while they:
- complete a final study project presentation, perfect for their college applications
- participate in a fully supervised program of classes, field trips, and recreational activities
- explore Canada and meet peers from around the world
Who is eligible?
The program is open to students between 16 and 18 years of age, entering one of their final two years of high school. Students must be in good academic study and able to undertake academic studies in English. With only 40 spaces available for the UBC's Summer Scholars Program, students should apply early.
To learn more, and to apply online, visit the Summer Scholars Program website.
APPLICATION CLOSES: 15 May 2014
Consistently ranked among the world’s top 40 universities, UBC is internationally recognized as a model for the practice of sustainability. Here, students are connected to ideas that have global influence. And here, students can get a taste of university-level education while they are still in high school.