posted Mar 14, 2016, 11:41 PM by Nicole Lei
Hello from the University of Mississippi!
Summer College for High School Students offers academically gifted high school students the opportunity to…
• Study 2 academic intensive English courses for college credit.
• Get a real glimpse at what life on a US college campus is like.
• Discover what professors expect of students at the college level.
• Explore the academic possibilities for future studies.
• Learn to manage free time and study hours.
• Build leadership and team skills.
• Make new friends and contacts from around the world.
Who May Apply?
- Are in good academic and conduct standing in the American equivalent of the tenth or eleventh grade.
- Are between the ages of 15 and 18 years old.
- Attend a public, private, or parochial school or be home educated.
- Have permission to attend from school principal.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or above (based on the US Grading System) AND*
- Have a high English proficiency supported by an English teacher or department supervisor OR*
- Have a language test score equivalent to 79 on the TOEFL iBT*
* Students applying to take ONLY Intensive English classes are not required to meet a minimum GPA standard or to provide proof of English proficiency.
Have more than 10 students interested? We also offer specialized custom curriculum through the Intensive English Program! Please contact us for more information.
Cost of the Program
|Primary Cost || |
|SCHS Program Fee ||$1,329|
|Medical Insurance (including X-ray and TB test)||$221|
|Total Base Price||$2,650*|
|Secondary Cost || |
|Weekend Meals (Estimated)||$200|
|Total with Additional Expenses ||$3,050 |
*Program Fee must be paid two weeks prior to start of program.
Summer I: May 1
Summer II: June 1